Saturday, April 7, 2018

George Ezra: 'I struggled to accept fame'


"Every gig I ever play, I promise myself I'm going to be the cool pop star," says George Ezra.

"But I'm just not that person. After two songs, I'm grinning from ear to ear."

That grin is infectious. When Ezra played in London earlier this week, the whole room lit up with smiles as the audience gleefully sang back every word of his bouncy, ebullient pop songs.

But the 24-year-old's easygoing style doesn't win him any favours with critics.

The Guardian dismissed his new album, Staying At Tamara's, as "unchallenging" and "unflinchingly polite" - an assessment built on the myth that music's only worthwhile if it's edgy or miserable.

"It's very easy to get big ideas about, 'I'm going to have this haircut, I'm going to start doing this and that,'" agrees Ezra. "But unless you look comfortable and natural, none of it will make sense.

"So instead of trying to appeal to a group of people that aren't interested anyway, why not just do what you do well and be comfortable with it?"

source:www.bbc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

New party formation is like forming water by combining hydrogen and oxygen: Dahal

May 17, 2018-Nepal Communist Party (NCP) Chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal said the unification between CPN-UML and CPN (Maoist Center) is like f...