Sunday, February 4, 2018

Nepali origin British Army officer promoted to Lieutenant Colonel


Feb 4, 2018-A British Gurkha officer of Nepali origin has been promoted to the post of Lieutenant Colonel, sixth ranked officer in the army.

Lieutenant Colonel Tol Khamcha Magar was promoted to the post earlier this week on February 2 amid a special ceremony at the Regional Command Headquarter based in Aldershot, England.

“My hard work, talent and attitude towards my work could be the reason behind my promotion,” said Magar, talking to the Post, “I am extremely happy for the promotion. I had never thought that I would reach this place when I first joined as a private in the British Army.”

“I will keep intact the dignity of Nepal and Nepalis till the day I retire,” said Magar who will hold the post for five years.

Magar is the fourth Nepali to become a Lieutenant Colonel in the British Army after Lal Bahadur Pun, Bijay Rawat and Yam Bahadur Rana. All three predecessors of Magar are now retired.

Lieutenant Colonel Magar, who will take command from Monday, hinted that he may come to Nepal as a part of his job.


Published: 04-02-2018 18:31



source:www.kathmandupost.ekantipur.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

New party formation is like forming water by combining hydrogen and oxygen: Dahal

May 17, 2018-Nepal Communist Party (NCP) Chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal said the unification between CPN-UML and CPN (Maoist Center) is like f...